Friday, 31 August 2012
Armstrong, it appeared, was given to keeping late hours for Indians . He landed on the moon at an unearthly hour (IST), keeping even Indira Gandhi awake till 4.30 a m. We have Natwar Singh’s word on this. Incidentally, The National Herald brought out a special supplement on moonlanding, a few hours after the regular morning edition had hit news stands....More
Thursday, 30 August 2012
· * Neil Armstrong! You showed you could literally be in the top of the world, yet your feet were firmly planted on the ground! RIP Neil.
* *Coal is known to blacken face, reputation; in our country it is generating cozy heat amongst all parties in Parliament!
* *Indian Selectors seem to be quite ‘selective’ in seeking retirement of senior cricketers.. !
* 'Drought Tourism'.. in Karnataka .. everybody loves a drought...
Posted by ER Ramachandran at 14:49
Monday, 27 August 2012
Sunday, 26 August 2012
If anyone thinks of creating a Walk of Fame for Janpath coffee-house regulars, at a Connaught Place sidewalk, (like Hollywood Walk of Fame) we would have plaques bearing names of ex-PM I K Gujral ( a coffee-house regular in early 50s), his painter brother Satish Gujral, Nihal Singh Inder Malhotra, ..More
Posted by GVK at 06:33
Thursday, 23 August 2012
* We had ICE Age, STONE Age and now we are in SCAM Age…!
· * Aryabhatta invented zero in 400 B.C. Zero is rediscovered in bulk by CAG in 2010 -2012 A.D.!
* Goa makes helmets compulsory for Rider and Pilion. Great! Why can't centre make this Rule all over India?
Posted by ER Ramachandran at 11:58